No one was injured when a fire broke out in a home on West Main in Prescott Sunday afternoon.
The Prescott Fire Department was called to the fire at about 12:30 p.m. at 374 West Main.
The home was being rented by Charles and Sue Johnson, who were at home at the time with some of their visiting grandchildren.
Mr. Johnson says he noticed smoke in a back room and then saw flames on a wall. He said his first concern was making sure everyone was out of the home.
The fire department was able to extinguish the fire very quickly, but the home suffered a substantial amount of smoke damage.
The name of the owner of the house was no immediately available.