Follow HopePrescott.com

RSS Feed

Kitchen stove causes Prescott house fire

By Jesse Evans, 01/7/13 12:27 AM
Photo by Jesse Evans

Photo by Jesse Evans (More photos below)

The Prescott Fire Department saved a home from burning down Sunday night when an apparent grease fire spread to a wall.

The call was received around 9:25 p.m. of a fire at a two-story wood-framed home at 427 East 4th Street South.

A single mother of nine children says she returned home to discover a fire in her kitchen that resulted from the stove being left on. The woman says she managed to extinguish most of the fire, but it had already spread into the wall.

Firefighters used a chainsaw to get into the wall on the second story to make certain the fire was completely out.

There were no injuries during the incident.